As you can read in my “About the Blogger” page, I started collecting postcards when traveling was far-fetched due to financial constraints. And, I really wanted to “see the world.” Hence, postcards came to mind.
Aside from the aforementioned, I have other reasons why I collect and mail (exchange) postcards:
- Postcards are tangible emblems of thoughtfulness and love. I believe that they were mailed with fondest thoughts of me.
- Postcards, letters and mails have “sentimental value” unlike emails and electronic messages. You can keep, touch, feel and smell postcards, letters and mails.
- Postcards are tangible representation of a good friend far away. Most of my postcards are sent by chatmates – many of whom I have never met. It is a physical way of saying “Hey friend, I exists.”
- Postcards are tourism ambassadors. The receivers will get a glimpse of what my city and country has to offer to a probable tourist – culture, history, beaches, mountains, activities, tourism sites and many others; and,
- Postcards help keep the local post office in business and help keep the postman’s job.
So now you know why I collect and mail postcards hehehe….