Florida has approximately 1,200 miles of coastline, and so it is not unusual if this state has some of the best beaches in the world some of which have interestingly “unique qualities.” Here are some of them as per http://www.travelfacts.com :
- South Beach is the “Best Beach for Celebrity Sightings” as a number of stars live and sunbathe this in area.
- Dog Beach is the “Best Dog Beach” where dogs can run off with other canines. It also has specialized showers for dogs.
- Venice Beach is the “Best Beach to Find Shark Teeth.” You can find fossilized shark teeth here and hence it is known as the “Shark Tooth Capital of the World.”
- New Smyrna Beach is the “Best Beach to Get Bit by a Shark.” This is also referred to as the “Shark Bite Capital of the World”. In fact, in September 18, 2016, sharks bit three different surfers in the span of just three hours.
- Panama City Beach is the “Best Beach for Spring Break.” It has the highest attendance of any spring break destination in the world.
- Sanibel Island is the “Best Beach to Find Awesome Shells” as its geography supports the continuous washing up of enormous quantities of beautiful shells from the Gulf of Mexico to its shores.
- Daytona Beach is the “Best Beach for the Handicapped” because its sands are hard enough to drive on by cars and motorcycles, thus making its shores very accessible.
- Haulover Beach is one of the world’s and is America’s “Best Clothing-optional Beach.” This nude beach is officially recognized and approved by the government of Miami-Dade County.
Aside from marvelous and unique beaches, Florida also boasts as the home of the Walt Disney World Resort which is the most visited vacation resort in the world.